Trailing Vines Leaf Garland Free Crochet Pattern

Now a little finishing touch for all your crocheted flowers from my hook to yours.    No naked flowers allowed,, lol.

With yarn of choice and approppiate sized crochet hook, Ch 8.

Round 1) 2 sc in second ch from hook.  *Hdc in next, dc in next 3 chains, hdc in next.*  In last chain work 1 hdc, 1 sc, 2 chains, sc in second chain from hook. Now you will turn but continue working in the same/last chain, 1 sc, 1 hdc.  Now working up the free loops of the original chain, repeat from * to * once.  Sc in last chain.  Sl st to first sc.  For one leaf only finish off, for additional leaves see below.

Additional leaves:  Ch 8 and repeat Round 1, for as many leaves as desired.  Finish off at end of round for last leaf.

Remember to leave a long tail for sewing.

Please note that even though this is a free pattern, it is still protected by copyright.   However, I do not care what you do with your finished items-they are yours.  Meaning, you may sell items finished from my patterns.  Please do not copy and paste this pattern to share, instead I would appreciate a link to this page.  Thank you and Enjoy.

Rose flower pattern can be be found for free here:   http://hookhound.blogspot.com/p/rosa-crochet-flower.html



Leaves shown on my One Squared Purse pattern which is available for purchase here:
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/one-squared-purse

10 comments:

  1. Carlinda, this bag is adorable!!!

    I was having problems with my computer on the last few days and I lost all my emails and some contacts, some programs, etc. It was a hassle… I’m not sure if you got my last message with the information about the site, hoe we work, etc. and if you had a chance to reply to me. If you did reply, I apologize for not getting back to you.

    Please let me know.

    Thank you,

    Dani Almeida
    www.Handbaglessons.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the pattern! It turned out great for me! I used it on a diaper stacker for my two-year-old's room.
    http://allicrafts.blogspot.com/2010/12/free-pattern-diaper-stacker.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this pattern...but maybe I'm dense...I find the turning confusing when doing more than one leaf. If you could post maybe a picture tutorial or something that would be great. I have so many ideas for things to use this on, but I can't seem to figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mariah,
    When done with the first leaf, just forget that it is there. Continue to do your second leaf just like you did your first. The only difference is that the last chain will be attached to the first leaf, but it is worked exactly like the first. The only thing between making a garland and two separate leaves is that you don't finish off between doing them. Hope that makes sense. If not let me know and I will try to help further.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I pinned this pattern six months ago and am finally using it! It's going to become the ties on a baby bonnet. I made one little alteration -- making one of the chains a slip stitch into the previous leaf so the leaves would be connected by more than one stitch for a little extra security. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pattern! I am a fan.
    Thank you,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for the leaf pattern. I wanted something to embellish a dish cloth and towel I am crocheting for a door prize for the garden club I belong to. This will be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so happy I found this site. I have been searching for weeks for a leaf pattern to finish my mushroom hunting bag. And I finally found it.
    Thanks, Brandy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so happy I found this site. I have been searching for weeks for a leaf pattern to finish my mushroom hunting bag. And I finally found it.
    Thanks, Brandy

    ReplyDelete