Beaded Fleuri Bag


My Beaded Fleuri Bag.  This is not my original pattern, it can be found here:  Fleuri: A bag in blossom   But these are my modifications to it.
I love how these clear opalescent beads look like dew on the petals.

Materials used:  
8 ounces Caron Simply Soft yarn in Soft Pink, I purchased mine at Joanns.  However it is also available online here: Simply Soft Yarn -Soft Pink.
Darice Pony Beads, "Crystal" for the color, 360 to a package.  I did have leftover beads.
Darice Brass Purse handle Frame: need 2.  Found mine at Michaels in the wood section with the cigar box purses.    Also available here:  Purse Handle 6-1/2" Frame: Brass if you cant find them locally.  
I hook 5.5 mm
C hook 2.75 mm for attaching beads.



Instead of the original 9 rounds for each circle I did 12, working in back loop only for the first 10 rounds on one circle.   Both the front and back circles were done with an I hook-5.5mm holding two strands of yarn together.  For the petals only one strand was used and again with the I hook.  I wanted a sturdy base for the purse that would not stretch, but still wanted delicate petals.   I started my petals on the third front loop from the beginning.   I put one bead in each center of the large petals.    That would be the stitch where you put 3 dc, it was the second or center of that.    I have a tutorial on how to add beads here: Bead Tutorial.  To finish the bag I held the right sides together and sewed the two halves together 2/3 of the way around.    The same pony beads used on the petals were put on the handles.  These handles are so cool, you unscrew the ends and put whatever beads you want on them.    After turning the bag right side out, did one round single crochet in every unworked stitch, centering and attaching handles on this round.  Two sc were worked in each handle ring. Slip stitched to close and join the round of single crochets.   I then worked one round of slip stitch in every single crochet around and finished off.    Check back for a tutorial for "No See finishing in the round. 
I also put one bead in the center of the flower, using the tail from the start of the circle to attach.

Here you can really see the opalescence on the bead on the handle.  

No comments:

Post a Comment